Monday, December 7, 2009

“Reflections on Poetry Ch. 15”

"This Is Just To Say" – William Carlos Williams

    This poem is just a note a husband would leave his wife on the fridge after eating some plums he later realized she may have been saving for herself. I like this poem because it shows that there is beauty and art in everyday life.

"Anyone Lived in a Pretty How Town" – E. E. Cummings

    This poem is interesting because it plays with word order. It doesn't really make sense unless you rearrange the words in each line back to their normal order. I also like how it uses words that are usually verbs as nouns and so on. It makes the poem even more interesting.

"Carnation Milk" – Anonymous

    This poem is really catchy and funny. I like it because it's true, you don't have to go milk a cow yourself to enjoy a can of carnation milk. I also like this poem because it's just plain silly.

1 comment:

  1. You chose one of my favorite poems! I love "This is Just to Say" so much because it really paints a picture of a true moment in a marriage.

    ReplyDelete